WILD WEST HACKIN' FEST
BACK IN THE SADDLE
Training Dates: June 15-16, 2021
Conference Dates: June 16-18, 2021
Location: Nugget Casino Resort, Sparks, NV
Call for Speakers: Submit your presentation here
Call for Tools: Submit your open-source tool here
Or call 1-800-648-1177 and ask the Nugget for Group Code GWWHF.
IN-PERSON TICKET PLUS TRAINING
- Raise your actual hand and do all those other things that people actually do in actual physical classrooms. It’ll be great, actually.
- Enjoy a nice sit-down dinner on Monday eve (6/14) and get your laptop set up for your upcoming class. Just don’t spill anything on the keyboard.
- Take advantage of advanced access to the WWHF labs on Tuesday (6/15) night. We’ll have pizza ready for you, too.
- Learn from seasoned infosec pros for two whole jam-packed days.
- Delight in the fact that you get everything that in-person conference ticket holders get (see below), including access to the virtual portion of the conference.
- Walk with your actual feet, clap with your actual hands, and do all those other things that people actually do at actual physical conferences. In-person networking is great.
- Do you remember seeing people in person? It’s nice.
- Take a whiff of your surroundings. Until someone cracks the code on transmitting smells over the web, you’re out of luck when it comes to the nasal portion of the conference. Unless you come in person.
- Get 16 CPEs for attending the conference. Just don’t bug us when it comes to submitting them. Just kidding. But seriously.
- Hop in a car and drive to Lake Tahoe or downtown Reno. Or wherever you want, really. We don’t care.
- Attend a workshop. We’ll have workshops related to using DNS search for cyberinvestigations, Atomic Red Team, and more.
- Play and learn at the same time with hands-on, interactive labs developed by Rick Wisser, David Fletcher, and Ray Felch. These guys know how to make things fun. You won’t even know you’re learnin’!
- Scavenge like a boss in a miniature scavenger hunt, where you’ll get to apply what you’ve learned in the labs.
- Join in the fun and games. We’ll have a Backdoors & Breaches tournament where you can show your skills in the incident response card game by BHIS.
- Lunch and a steak dinner are on us on Thursday. We’ve also got you covered for lunch on Friday. Everybody will get coffee at some point, if they want it. Because without coffee, you die.
- Want to watch the conference from the leisure of your hotel room while you eat popcorn on your king bed? When you buy an in-person conference ticket (or in-person ticket plus training), you’ll get everything that virtual conference ticketholders get, including access to the private Discord server for the conference.
- The Nugget Casino Resort is incredibly spacious. So if you feel like running wind sprints, have at it. We can’t stop you. But other people can. If they can catch you.
- Do your thing on Discord. We’ll have a private server setup for all conference attendees, but especially for YOU.
- Watch Tracks 1 and 2 from the comfort (not to mention peace and quiet) of your own home.
- Get the chance to hear from our awesome keynote speakers: Naomi Buckwalter, Paul Vixie, and Joshua Wright.
- Get yourself some CPEs (16 of them, to be exact).
- Participate in workshops, the Escape Room, the virtual Backdoors & Breaches tournament, and the MetaCTF Capture the Flag event.
- Enjoy your Swag Bag Lab (SBL). It’s a lab. That fits in your swag bag. Neat, eh?
- Get advanced access to the conference recordings after the whole shebang ends.
Paul Vixie (In Person/Virtual)
Chris Brenton (In Person/Virtual)
Amanda Berlin and Jeremy Mio (In Person/Virtual)
Ean Meyer (In Person/Virtual)
Bill Stearns (In Person/Virtual)
Carrie Roberts and Darin Roberts (Virtual)
Will Hunt and Owen Shearing (Virtual)
Way West 2021 Pre-Conference Training:
|Start Date||End Date||Class Title||Instructor(s)||Location||Learn More||Register|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Advanced Endpoint Investigations||Alissa Torres||In Person||Course details||Register here|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Advanced Network Threat Hunting||Chris Brenton||In Person||Course details||Register here|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Breaching the Cloud||Beau Bullock||In Person||Course details||Register here|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Defending the Enterprise||Kent Ickler and Jordan Drysdale||In Person||Course details||Register here|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Enterprise Attacker Emulation and C2 Implant Development||Joff Thyer||In Person||Course details||Register here|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Modern WebApp Pentesting||BB King||In Person||Course details||Register here|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Red Team: Getting Access||Michael Allen||In Person||Course details||Register here|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Security Defense and Detection TTX||Amanda Berlin and Jeremy Mio||In Person||Course details||Register here|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Securing the Cloud: Foundations||Andrew Krug||In Person||Course details||Register here|
|2021/06/15||2021/06/16||Windows Post Exploitation||Kyle Avery||In Person||Course details||Register here|