Breaching the Cloud w/ Beau Bullock
4 Sessions – 4 Hour Classes
Instructor: Beau Bullock
Includes: Live Presentation, PDF of Slides, Labs, Private Discord Discussion Channel with other Students, Six-month complimentary access to our Cyber Range, Certificate of Participation.
Do you want to level up your cloud penetration testing skills? The attack surface of many organizations has changed to include third-party hosted services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. In this training course, hacking concepts will be introduced for each of those services.
This training walks through a complete penetration testing methodology of cloud-based infrastructure. Starting with no information other than the company name you will learn to discover what cloud-specific assets your target is using. Following the enumeration of cloud services, you will learn how to discover misconfigurations that commonly expose sensitive data as well as a thorough understanding of how to get an initial foothold into a cloud-based organization.
Post-compromise techniques of cloud infrastructure differ from the techniques used in typical on-premise environments. You will learn situational awareness techniques that ultimately will impact how you will escalate privileges in the cloud. With most cloud-based authentication being publicly exposed this presents new and interesting persistence techniques that are non-existent to on-premise environments. With productivity tools like G-Suite and Microsoft 365 many organizations are making their email and other data that is normally protected by a firewall available to remote employees. You will learn how to discover, pillage, and exfiltrate data from these services.
Many organizations are fully leveraging cloud services for their production infrastructure. This can include web servers, SQL databases, storage, virtual machines, and more. In this training, you will learn how to assess and compromise these resources. Some cloud deployments are directly connected to on-premise environments via VPN. This presents an opportunity to pivot access from cloud to on-prem or vice-versa.
Finally, in this training, we will not only be attacking cloud infrastructure but also leveraging it for red team operations. You will learn techniques that leverage cloud services for techniques such as phishing, domain fronting, and command & control.
Tools and techniques used on real-world penetration tests against cloud assets will be shared including hands-on demonstrations. At the end of this training, you will have new skills for assessing cloud-based infrastructure!
- A thorough understanding of the attack surface cloud-based organizations face
- A full methodology for compromising cloud environments
- Instruction on how to utilize open-source tools during cloud assessments
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- Penetration testers
- Red teamers
- Cloud security architects
- Ethical hackers
- General security practitioners
AUDIENCE SKILL LEVEL
Everyone. This course somewhat doubles as a general pentesting “crash course” as there are many commonalities between cloud-based pentesting and traditional on-prem pentesting.
- A credit card (You will be signing up for cloud service accounts such as Microsoft Azure and AWS. These services require a credit card for signing up.)
- Check that both Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure services are available in your country. (Note that if you cannot sign up for these services you will not be able to participate in the labs)
- A computer with:
- x86-compatible or x64-compatible 2.0 GHz CPU minimum or higher
- 8 GB RAM or higher required
- 40 GB available hard drive space
- Windows 10 (This training utilizes VMware Workstation Player to run two different VMs)
- Internet access
WHAT A STUDENT SHOULD BRING
A laptop and a smile!
WHAT STUDENTS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH
Slide deck and links to all the material and tools needed with instructions. Along with 6 months of free access to our Cyber Range.
TRAINER & AUTHOR
Beau Bullock is a Senior Security Analyst and Penetration Tester and has been with Black Hills Information Security since 2014. Beau has a multitude of security certifications (OSCP, OSWP, GXPN, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GSEC) and maintains his extensive skills by routinely taking training, learning as much as he can from his peers, and researching topics that he lacks knowledge in. He is a constant contributor to the infosec community by authoring open-source tools, writing blogs, and frequently speaking at conferences and on webcasts.
- Mon, Nov 2, 2020 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
- Tue, Nov 3, 2020 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
- Wed, Nov 4, 2020 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
- Thu, Nov 5, 2020 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
Join the Wild West Hackin’ Fest Discord server to stay updated on future training and webcasts: Join Our Server!