We want everyone who’s interested in information security to have a foot in the door, and we don’t want a limited budget to keep you from being able to join us. We offer these tickets at a SUPER reduced cost, but they aren’t free. Please apply as per the instructions below.
To ensure that these scholarships are awarded to individuals who can benefit from them the most, we are placing the following eligibility requirements on those who are apply:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of the start of the Conference (October 25, 2017)
- Applicants must not be currently employed (or have plans to be employed) by a company who might otherwise pay for entry to the conference.
- Applicants must submit an essay prior to 23:59:59 – September 1, 2017 as outlined below.
All applicants are required to submit an essay of no more than 2000 words illustrating how a scholarship to Wild West Hackin’ Fest would benefit them. Applicants are encouraged to be creative, but all information in the essay must be truthful and reflective of the applicant’s own circumstances. We encourage you to discuss your goals, future plans, and how you might contribute to the security community.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY
All submissions are required to include the following information:
- First and Last Name of Applicant
- Declaration of being over 18 years old
- Contact Phone Number
- Contact Email Address
- Essay of up to 2000 words
Once all of this information is compiled, place it as text in an email (not as an attachment)
Send the email to: thedeputy at wildwesthackinfest dot com
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Upon receipt, we will review all applications and make awards to those who members of the WWHF committee feel are most deserving. Successful applicants will be notified soon after the submission deadline. The number of scholarships will be determined at the time of making awards, and is subject to a number of factors. We anticipate awarding around ten scholarships, but that number could increase if funding allows.